Class 1 division 2 electrical package is designed to suit a flammable objects storage environment. Additional available below. Custom installation required.
Work with our custom design team! We can offer suggestions and examples from past projects. The process is simple and quick. If you can imagine it, we can build it, better.
- 10-year warranty on new containers and fabrications
- 5-year warranty on used/refurbished containers and fabrications
Class I Locations
Class I locations are those in which flammable gases or vapors are or may be present in the air in quantities sufficient to produce explosive or ignitable mixtures. Class I locations are further subdivided into two Divisions and three Zones.
Class I, Division 2: One of the following three situations must exist in order for an area to be considered a Class I, Division 2 location:
- Volatile flammable liquids or flammable gases are handled, processed or used, but the hazardous liquids, vapors or gases will normally be confined within closed containers or closed systems from which they can escape only in the event of accidental rupture or breakdown of such containers or systems, or as a result of abnormal operation of equipment.
- Ignitable concentrations of gases or vapors are normally prevented by positive mechanical ventilation, and which might become hazardous through failure or abnormal operations of the ventilating equipment.
- Adjacent to a Class I, Division 1 location, and to which ignitable concentrations of gases or vapors might occasionally be communicated unless such communication is prevented by adequate positive-pressure ventilation from a source of clean air, and effective safeguards against ventilation failure are provided.